3/7/11

Breathe

Due to recent disappointments in the justice system which has caused extensive, expensive delays and many headaches, I decided to contact the respondent to see if we couldn't reach a settlement. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know I try not to mention the hideous divorce I'm currently going through unless something reasonably important is occurring.

Well, I've been communicating with the respondent (the man I was married to for 34 years, whose name I refuse to speak) for about two to three weeks via email. This person considers himself to be a wiz at computers and is very invasive, so I set up a separate account with an email service I never use, just for this purpose. Sure enough, early last week someone tried to get into the account by posing as me and saying they forgot the password. It's amazing how well you can know someone after living with them for many years! Fortunately my "secret questions" stopped him or whoever it was. I've since reset the password every other day.

Anyway, the reason I bring the divorce up is that we may have finally reached a settlement (knock on wood). Since the respondent took all our joint funds at the beginning of this and the court did nothing, I had very little to bargain with other than to drag this out longer. Fortunately, I think he's as sick of it as I am. I don't want to jinx it by saying anything more but it's a glimmer of hope that the light at the end of the dark tunnel won't be a train. Maybe, just maybe, I can get on with my life. Maybe I'll finally be able to take a deep breath and feel free. That would be such a gift!

So today, I wish you happiness and joy no matter what's going on in your life. Take a moment and breathe in peace, if only for a second.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home