11/2/10

At Long Last

Finally, no more acidic political ads! It's been a long haul. The mute button and I became good friends. While visiting a blog called "Time Goes By" yesterday I came across some pithy quotes on politics in general and I thought I'd share:

"Fifty percent of people won't vote, and fifty percent don't read newspapers. I hop it's the same fifty percent."  by Gore Vidal

"We'd all lik t'vote for th' best man, but he's never a candidate."  by Kin Hubbard

"Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."  by William E. Simon

"Under democracy one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule - both commonly succeed, and are right."  by H. L. Mencken

Personally I thought the last one pretty much covered the California race for governor. Just my humble opinion, so you needn't make any remarks. I'm just so flippin' sick of the ads!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home