3/17/11

Random Acts of Kindness


In the midst of the crisis in Japan where one can feel very ineffectual in the face of such calamity, one can sometimes find comfort in extending just a simple kindness to someone. That's the case for me. A very dear friend of mine had a knee replacement two weeks ago tomorrow. So today's project is to make chicken pot pie and take it over to her. The recipe is so easy and tasty. When I called her the day before yesterday, to ask if she'd like this, she happily said yes! Turns out the first thing she wanted after 3 days in the hospital was chicken and dumplings which her mom gladly indulged her with. Her mother is a remarkable woman; in her 80's and still getting around like some 50 or 60 year olds.

My friend has fibromyalgia and so adjusting pain medications is quite a balancing act. As a result, she's been in a lot of pain and so I think a nice dose of comfort food like chicken pot pie is just what the "doctor" ordered. What's great about this recipe is that it reheats multiple times without drying out! This works great for me, since I get about five to six meals out of it. It also freezes and thaws beautifully. I really hope she likes it!

It reminds me of the saying "Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty". Love that quote!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home