6/27/11

Heat Post

It was quite warm today, but not nearly as warm as it can get and the evening temperatures aren't dropping so that isn't helping. I finally gave in, cleaning and turning on the living room air conditioner at about 3 p.m. today and it's not even July. I have a feeling this is going to be an ugly summer. Thus the reason that I'm still up and posting this at 1:40 a.m.!

When it doesn't get below 60F at night outside, the house never really cools down. Plus there was absolutely no evening cooling breeze to take advantage of and so my window air conditioning unit is still on. I'd turned it off at about 11 p.m. but it became so hot, I had to turn it back on. I dread seeing my electric bill this month. To combat this, I walk around after dark using a flashlight, having turned all the lights in the house off. Hopefully this will counteract some of the electrical usage.

I really wish the idiot hadn't  cut all the shade off the tree, it made such a major difference in the house staying cool. What a short-sighted, inconsiderate fool. I may go out tomorrow morning and after picking up after Blue, hose the roof and house walls down. Maybe even do the same after 6 p.m. too.

Mr. Blue is "glued" to the living room where the A/C is and won't come into the bedroom or the office so he must really be hot. Maybe I need to buy him a little plastic "kiddy swimming pool" for the summer.  Well, good night and sleep tight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home