7/20/11

Preoccupation and Inspiration Post

Okay, just say it...I'm preoccupied with the weather. Sorry. The rest of the week is forecast to be in the low 90's which translates to high 90's where I live and possibly hitting the 100's. Night time temps are supposed to leave the low 60's and rise to the low 70's which will just hold all the heat in. For some reason, I've become really sensitive to heat this summer. Probably all goes back to the tree butcher and loss of all shade on the West side. And yes, I'm still not over that yet.

Every afternoon, I sit in my un-air-conditioned office working on "my book" as the sun starts beating on this side of the house from about 2:30 p.m. till it sets at night. So every day is a reminder of this evil man:
The Butcher
I know, I should just let it go, dwelling on it is unhealthy and won't bring the shade back or restore the pecan tree to it's former beauty. What can I say? I'm obviously in a rather negative place of late.

To try and re-inspire myself to start creating things again and to clean up this rental, I've been visiting the blogs of some very talented women. I used to buy every issue of "Where Women Create" but it's $15 price tag put an end to that. What I've found in blogs however serves the same inspirational purpose and is not limited by the number of pages in the magazine. If I could afford it, I'd still snap up every issue as it came out, it's really a great publication. But for the moment I'm enjoying the land of blogdom to the same end.

I also resumed writing my manual on divorce (noted above, "my book"). After all that I experienced and still experience, I have yet to find a book, pamphlet, manual or anything, written by someone other than a lawyer that isn't more of a puff piece. I found "Cutting Loose:  Why Women Who End Their Marriages Do So Well" by Ashton Applewhite. Since then I've noticed a few books but at this point I'm not inclined to purchase them.

Applewhite's book was written in 1997 when I found it slightly helpful but too general. Yes, I was contemplating divorce even back then. Why did I take so long? Anyhow, over the years I have found that not that many women are better for it overall. Getting rid of the jerk helps but the fallout from the system is extremely detrimental. I don't know that the books currently available would have any more depth to them.

So, my version will have a different focus. I think it will give me an outlet other than this blog to getting on with my life and maybe make all that I experienced, less negative. Anyhow, I am trying to gain a more positive focus in my life and I can help even one person just a little bit, I'll feel like there was a reason for all this.

I've also tried to set tiny goals for myself such as today. I got up at 7:30 a.m. and checked on my favorite blogs. Then I played chase and tug of war with Blue for 15 minutes or so which made him deliriously happy. Then had half a cup of Glen Oaks liquid yogurt (love that stuff) and at 10 a.m. I went back to bed for an hour. Since then I've been up, checking emails, taking care of two divorce things (sigh...taking a deep breath) and finishing this post.

I started this post several days ago and wanted to include a blog that I found and some pictures of the author's work so I emailed her. Since I've heard nothing, I hesitate to post them so this post took a different turn after my hot weather rant. I think it's for the better.

If I do hear from her, I will post her work, but for now, oh well. Have a lovely day, despite the weather wherever you are!

P.S. My extreme sympathy to all who get humidity with the hellish heat, that's just brutal on all living things (I know from living in the Midwest for years).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home