7/6/11

The Photo Has Nothing to Do with the Links in This Post

A Siberian Husky, hanging out a second story window
The photo has nothing to do with the post. A few days ago, I noticed a lot of views of my April 9, 2011 post with a link to K. D. Lang's performance of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". So I decided to share some other links of musical performances I enjoy. First up is Peter Gabriel's "Book of Love". Which breaks my heart every time I hear it. Probably more so in light of my recent divorce. I first fell in love with it when I watched the video "Shall We Dance" with Richard Gere (melt), Susan Sarandon and Jennifer Lopez.

Next is IZ's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which is so magical. This video shows IZ performing but also his ashes being scattered at sea. He lived too short a life, but the music he left behind is forever. He died June 26,1997. This is another version of the same song.

The following is one of my life-long, all time favorites, "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.
This is another version with beautiful photos of "What a Wonderful World". His performance and voice are just magical.

Finally, a musical piece performed by the brilliant Andre Bocelli that never fails to raise my heart to the highest point in the heavens, "Con te Partiro". There is such a feeling of courage in this work.
Then there is this version performed with Sarah Brightman titled "Time to Say Goodbye". When they sing together towards the end, it's just breathtaking. And yet another version for your enjoyment. Oh my, sheer magic.

On a completely different note the song "Amazing Grace" always breaks me up. This version by LeAnn Rimes is beautiful and it's just her voice without musical accompaniment!

Another glorious song is "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack. I truly love this one and listen to it when I'm really down, it helps. Pay attention to the words.

Great music to exercise to comes from The Fine Young Cannibals. You must check out this 80's group. "She Drives Me Crazy" is a get up and dance happy song. The video is so-so except for the great shots of lead singer Roland Gift, who projects great intensity. The music/beat is terribly addictive, at least to me.

Lastly, I'll end with Luther Vandross' "Dance with My Father" which just breaks me up. Ignore the video part, it's the Luther's voice that's so moving. I looked through quite a number of videos with other singers since Luther never performed this live on video and they all pale by comparison with his voice.

Well, that's all for today. Sorry, I got a little carried away, one fav just led to another and another, but it was well worth the time because I feel quite happy and at peace in the moment. I wish you happiness. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home