1/6/12

Really? Post

Really? Senf Gherkins. Nobody?? They cannot be totally gone from this earth. Extinct. Someone, somewhere out there must still have an ancient recipe, possibly their grandmother's?? I promise I'll share the end result with everyone on this blog.

You can bet if I get my hands on a recipe, I will be making/pickling them for sure!

The frustration is killing me. In my mind I can see them, I remember their taste and texture so well. I just wish I had more "kitchen knowledge" back then when I still had access to these little wonders!

One thing I remember is that they had no seeds the way pickles do. Does that help?

Maybe I should visit some food blogs or pickling forums, though I thought I did that a few years ago and found nothing.

Well, I still hold out hope!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Really? No one?

Hmm. I would maybe return to those forums and put it out there. I feel like there's a renewed interest in pickling and canning and home preserving so maybe someone has discovered them!

1/7/12, 4:18 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

That would be fantastic Joanne! Thank you so much. I too, thought with the renewed interest in food preservation, someone would have something! :)
Again, thank you!

1/7/12, 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home