2/25/12

Fire in the Hood Post

Well, it was yet another sleepless night in my area of So Cal. I was minding my own business and surfing the web, only to be blown away by screaming sirens, fire trucks, police cars and loud walkie talkie messages back and forth! Life here is just so special...and tonight really, really smoky.

Can't tell what's going on but this is the most emergency vehicles within less than a block since I've lived here. Tried to call the police but no one answered. My bedroom office house...wreaks of smoke. Since there are five fire engines, I imagine a house or apartment building is going up in flames.

At first, looking out, I thought it was a drug bust or something like that, due to men running and yelling with arms out front as if guns were drawn. Then more fire trucks from surrounding cities screamed in. Gheesh.

Finally got through to the police and yes, it's a house on fire, just five houses to the East of this rental. Not a welcome thought.

It all started at about 12:30 a.m. and it's now 5:15 a.m. All the equipment is still out there with all their lights twirling and flashing. Must have been some fire. It's times like this that I feel so sorry for owners/renters, whatever....and how much history they may have lost. It just hurts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home