9/23/09

Ramblings and nothing important

Maybe I’m missing something here, but why on earth would anyone spend a penny on a house they’re renting? That is, if they can’t take it with them, especially if you’ve acknowledged your goal is to own your own home some day soon?  That’s what someone on one of my favorite blogs is contemplating.  Now I realize I’m an extreme, not having hung a picture much less a calendar on the walls in 3 years.  I buy the magnetic calendar that goes on the fridge and that I can take with me leaving no mark.  But then I never thought that I’d be here for more than one maybe one and a half years; the divorce would be final and I’d move on. I’d still have enough to move somewhere and buy a tiny house.  Having re-habbed 6 houses (some down to one wall left standing), a little room add-on or two would be nothing.








Not so fast.  Fang-face had other plans which involved prolonging this divorce till he makes me a bag lady or something like that.  Forget about California being a no-fault state.  Frankly, it makes it worse because the other party can drag it out for years if they have enough money.  Did I mention this is a man in a specialized industry that can pull down 6 figures a year without blinking, but he’s “unemployed”.  Sorry, I digress.

Back to the subject at hand:  I still refuse to spend one penny on this house.  At this point I think it may be a combo of spite and stubborn-ness not to mention that I’ll get zero return on my penny.  Yes I can hear the Pollyanna’s quacking about forgiveness and such and I work on that and do fairly well. However, after spending over 9 hours Sunday (this is on top of 2 weeks of pulling out and finding all the documents involved and needed for yet another “Demand for Documents”) going through and organizing 3+ years of divorce c@#p…reliving it minute by minute, one is not imbued with goodness and kindness.  It does even less for one’s mood and health.

Speaking of health and too much information:  “Spastic colon, my long lost companion…how long has it been?” 20 years I believe, since I was able to finally banish you from my life and now in just 3 years of divorce onslaught you have returned to grace me with hard agonizing fistfuls of knots in my intestines that would cripple the toughest of men. So when I read a blog that I really enjoy by a single woman I admire and the woman is speaking of wallpapering the closets of her new rental with vintage paper, I go a little batty. Sorry. I will mention her blog another day when I’m in a far more gracious mood and can introduce you to it in a more positive light, it’s not her fault I’m where I am today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home