12/24/10

Our Drama Queen

I'd originally been quite thankful for the even tempo of the rain we were receiving. But it's gone just crazy overboard. The ground, as I said, is totally saturated and can take no more. This is when I think of California as a "drama queen". I don't mean to be irreverent, but for every bit of "ordinariness" there is always a major drama somewhere here.


Having a blog is really quite interesting, especially when you see what countries are viewing it. I currently have about 20 people in Slovenia and about the same number in Russia. Individuals from the Netherlands, Brazil, Germany, Australia, Malaysia, United Kingdom and Canada too! This appeals to the "pen-pal-ness" in me. When I was 10 I received the name and address of my first pen pal, by the time I was 12 I had 4 pen pals around the world.  As I've said before, I still remain in touch with one. Unfortunately, the ones in Denmark and Greece forgot English and the Australian was "reborn" in her 20's and I never heard from her again. It's amazing how small the world has become with the internet and email. It used to take weeks for an aerogram to reach someone in another country. Now, it takes longer to type than to send.


Went off on a little tangent there, didn't I? Going back to the topic of what a drama queen LA can be, today is a perfect example. Brilliant sunshine. Everything bright and sparkling clean. Not just a pleasant day but an extravagantly, stunningly, gorgeous day. In a blink of an eye we've gone from torrential rains, mudslides and flooding to an "All right Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close up" photo op of a perfect winter day in California. Still a little soggy, but never the less undaunted. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home