6/13/11

Finally Final Post

Just received a voicemail from my lawyer's secretary. After four years and eleven months of trying to get divorced, it has finally happened!!!!!!!! It's funny, I thought I'd be jumping up and down and doing cartwheels in the street. Instead, I don't feel a thing. It's very odd. Maybe it's because it's been going on for so unbelievably long?

I do have a bottle of champagne that I bought 3 years ago for the purpose of celebrating. I'll probably put it in the freezer and have a glass tonight, just on principle. Hope it's still good.

Funny, feels like just another day with average news. Not at all how I thought I'd feel. Maybe it's shock or post-traumatic-stress-syndrome. Just can't figure it out.

I know I'm relieved the giant money drain has come to an end. But I'm just kind of blank, for lack of a better word. Very, very odd. I almost feel kind of a let down. I've lived this kind of life for almost five years and now, poof, gone. Maybe that's it, what I feel...maybe it's just emptiness.

Later in the day:  Funny, as the day has gone on, I'm actually feeling quite depressed which is not what I expected and I find that annoying.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home