6/10/11

It's Always Something...Sigh

Another of my favorite sayings by the late Gilda Radner of SNL (Saturday Night Live) is "it's always something" which is so very true. I'd been noticing that even though it's not super hot yet, even with the air conditioning on, it seemed to be awfully hot inside my 12 year old car. Over the last week or so, it's gone from blowing wonderful cold air to just air. This means another repair bill. Just what I don't need. It's compounded by the fact that I can't just drive with the windows down because the two windows on the passenger side are broken...if you roll them down they fall off the track and stay down. Sigh.

Just when I got a little money from selling some gold jewelry that I never wear, bam! Big car repair bill on the horizon! I really, really wish the idiot commissioner would sign the settlement. It's going to take at least two to three weeks after that for things to get sorted out. Another sigh....

I know I'm very lucky to have a functioning car, but the thought of how much it'll cost to fix either the windows or the air conditioner or both just pushes me back into the "pit". I wonder what cosmic or astrological calamity is causing these negative events? I'm thinking specifically of the slow as molasses commissioner, the tree butcher the other day and now car problems. Someone said "mars is retrograde", could that be it? I'm not a huge astrology fan, but I refuse to think I can have such a continuing run of bad luck! I mean, I'm half Irish on my father's side (his grandfather was born in Ireland), that should count for some kind of good luck. Shouldn't it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home