6/12/11

Tuna Notes Post

Didn't make Pot Pie or soup, wound up making Tuna Pasta Salad again. This time, I didn't have any Le Seuer Very Young Small Sweet Peas so I used Albertson's Small Sweet Peas. Also, I ran out of my favorite celery salt, so I used Spice Islands brand, which does not have as clear of a taste as McCormick's. Those two small changes made a major difference in the taste of the final product. This is my initial tasting opinion. I'm going to let the dish set for a few hours and see if it can't blend into the taste I normally expect. It reminds me of the time I made this, but only had Chicken of the Sea in water vs. oil. Changed the entire flavor of the dish.

This is not to say the variations were in any way inedible. It's just they weren't the flavor I was looking for. Amazing how changing brands can have such an effect on a dish. But I really shouldn't be surprised. I recall how changing from Trader Joe's frozen mixed vegetables to Albertson's improved the entire taste of Chicken Pot Pie. I think it would be fascinating to be a food scientist, able to understand the various reactions from food and combinations thereof.

On a completely different note, I really should be cleaning the house. Well, at least all the dusty surfaces, ceiling fans as well as ceilings and walls. Seems every spring and fall brings a small army of spiders looking for a good home and suddenly (when I put on my reading glasses) I'm shocked by a plethora of cobwebs! Also time to wash off the filters on the two air conditioning units as well as dust the units themselves. In addition to this, I have to clean the windows and blinds on the west side of the house, so I can cover the glass with aluminum foil since I no longer have a shade tree.

I have about as much desire to do this as the man in the moon. I wish I was one of those people who cleans when they get stressed out. My response is more along the lines of crawling into bed and pulling the covers over my head. Problem is, very soon it's going to get quite warm and so I'll need all the foil and air conditioning I can get! I really need to move to a milder summer climate.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home