6/29/11

Lost in the Woods

Just when you think you are out of the woods, bang! You're facing more problems. Such is my life at the moment. The divorce was finalized on June 10 and court orders were issued to award two accounts to me. As you know I have not found a job yet and am living on almost nothing.

The lawyers for my ex (which he fired) still hold the escrow trust account and are not releasing it. They don't return phone calls or emails. I checked with my lawyer and they agreed that this is unethical and illegal. However, since they aren't responding, I would have to file an ex parte with the court. Since having found out that the court system I'm in is the slowest in LA county, this will take 2-3 months! Can you believe this?

After spending 4 years and 11 months and a fortune to get a judgement I'm now supposed to go to court to have it upheld? This is obscene.

The other account is an IRA which my ex (against court orders) moved out of California to Nevada where he now lives. So my IRA custodian has her hands tied because the paperwork the Nevada company needs does not exist in California's system. Plus, the custodian in Nevada never answers her phone so she and my custodian are playing phone tag.

Meanwhile my landlord has started eviction proceedings which will involve more lawyers. Can you believe the idiocy of all this? It's enough to drive a person over the edge.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home