7/29/11

Nothing and Everything

It's been a few days since I had anything to say, so no posts. There's just nothing all that new in my life at the moment which in some ways is a good thing. No drama or calamities, just quiet. Well, that and the heat. This year I'm really noticing it more as I said in an earlier post.

The only thing I've had to do in the last few days is figure out what health care plan to go with. It feels like playing a shell game. There's a lot of guessing and once you pick a plan, then they'll send complete coverage details not before. So it's a shot in the dark and then you only have 10 days to change plans if you don't like the details of what you picked. It's such a complete joke. 

But if you don't have health insurance, you could wind up paying on a hospital bill every month for the rest of your life, like my friend. Her husband became very ill, requiring a week in the hospital. With no insurance, they faced an astronomical bill. At first the hospital was going to work with them, but then the person they were dealing with was replaced and the second one wouldn't do a thing. They now owe USC Medical $100 per month forever. Isn't that just pathetic?

I'd probably better stop now, I feel a soap-box moment coming on as my thoughts drifted to the Congress which is a bunch of spoiled, self-interested/involved brats who should be ashamed of themselves. I normally would not speak badly of this government, but of late, the whole bunch in Washington D.C. are an embarrassment to say the least. If I see one more picture of Boehner I'm going to scream! They're all boneheads.  See? I told you I felt a soap-box moment coming on.

I guess even though nothing's going on in my life, I did have something to say.

Added later the same day but at night:  oh, there was one "new" thing this week, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and check up. Due to the money restraints of the long divorce, the dentist was one thing I gave up. My parents' ashes are twirling in their grave as I write this, but it's been two years. They ingrained the every-six-months-to-the-dentist rule into me from early on. Growing up in the Depression where dental care was basically non-existant, my dad had false teeth by the age of 55, so I understand their efforts with their children. When I opened wide, I expected Dr. L. to pull out a chisel or crowbar to chip the layers of tartar off my teeth but to the surprise of both of us, there was very little! So that's the good news for this post. I know you were dying to know that bit of nothing. Good night!


Oh, oh, oh! One more thing, the office manager at my dentist told me her divorce took 8 (count 'em EIGHT) years! Unbelievable!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home