9/12/10

Can Take the Girl Out of the Midwest, but...

Yes, you can take the girl out of the Midwest, but you can't take the Midwest out of the girl.  A few days ago I was shopping for Caldo Verde ingredients and came upon a true Midwestern delicacy.  Summer sausage.  And not just plain summer sausage... "Original Garlic Summer Sausage"!  Yes, I have several friends (obviously not Midwesterners) who cringe when I use the words summer sausage and delicacy in reference to each other.  And yes, I did have the sandwich all assembled and took a bite out of it when remembered I wanted to photograph it...sorry.


Needless to say I splurged and bought the little piece of heaven.  There are two ways to go with a summer sausage sandwich, either a soft white little bun or a crispy topped roll all soft and fluffy inside.  I went with cripsy and that was my lunch today.  It was mmmmmmm good!  It's amazing the memories that come flooding back when you slice the artery-clogging goody.  Oh, and you of course, have to butter the bread with real butter.  I mean, if you're going to indulge in something like this, why cut corners, enjoy the experience to the fullest!  


I think everyone has comfort food memories from past times and experiences and when it's something that brings one feelings of happiness and pleasure, they need to indulge in them every now and then!  Life is too short not to.  Just don't eat crusty top buns near your keyboard and mouse, you'll be typing and rolling over teensy crumbs for hours afterwards!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home