11/10/10

Chocolate & Zucchini

A few days ago (11/5/10 to be exact) I wrote about a food blog called Chocolate & Zucchini that I'm fond of. I also emailed its author Clotilde Dusoulier for permission to post a few of her desktop calendar pictures. She kindly agreed and so I'll share a few with you now. First is Nov. 2010:
Next is the one that currently resides on my desktop. I love the bright yellow although the confection above might just tempt me to replace it.

I love mussels. The first time I tasted them was when I visited my penpal in Holland years ago. Her recipe was so utterly simple. Even today, when I see or taste them, I'm swept back in time and see myself in her home seated at their table, enjoying the ambiance that surrounded me. So as you can imagine, this image stayed on my desktop for quite a while.
Next is another reminder of my trips to Europe. Always a magical time!
The following picture reminds me of all the wonderful outdoor markets for food, flowers, antiques and so on throughout Europe.
So take a look at her site, there's a lot there to enjoy! Her most recent blog entry from Nov. 9 had a multigrain starter bread recipe that I'm tempted to try. It's from another blog (looks like a blog worth investigating...bread making) which you'll find here with her variations to the recipe added. This is the  problem with reading blogs...one leads to another and another and what can I say, suddenly it's time to dream up something for dinner.

On second thought, I just read the multigrain recipe and found it required sour dough starter which is a bit out of my comfort zone so I think I'll go back to the no knead bread recipes I found here and here the other day. I think they're more my speed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home