12/27/10

The Day After

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just imagining things? In the last few years I've noticed that on the first working day after any holiday (like today) I receive no mail, not even the usual junk flyers. This has been very consistent and I can't figure out why. Is there so much to sort that no one gets out to deliver it or (this is the sarcastic side of me coming out) did they just forget how momentarily?

Now, I'm not knocking the USPS which is a remarkable system. In fact, when I look back on all my years of correspondence and card-sending, it amazes me that postage for a basic letter is only $0.44. Thinking back, I rember when I was in Italy at the age of 19, hearing horror stories about the Italian mail system where whole trainloads of mail would be lost.

I'm just baffled with the day after the holiday delivery question. Anyone else? Any ideas?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home