3/27/11

Gray, Gray, Go Away

The title of today's post comes from the rhyme, "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day". Today is another gloomy day. I'm really getting sick of the white, gray skies and rain. The weather forcasters are toying with us, saying that by Thursday, it'll be in the 80's F (26-27 C)! Today it's in the 50's F (10C). Not that I want summer to start already, just some nice spring weather and SUN!!

Asparagus are once again in the markets and so I bought a handful of tender thin little stems. I'm going to make them the way I did the other day. I followed this asparagus recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen. So simple, you wash them, break off the woody ends (which there's not a lot of since these are so young), dry them on tea towels and then I can toss them in a baggie with a marinade of EVOO, lots of sliced garlic and let them sit in the fridge overnight.

To cook, I put the contents of the package in a glass baking dish in a 400-450 F (204-232C) oven for 15-20 minutes. They came out so good that I know I won't be able to resist making them this way again.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home