10/5/11

Second Edition Post

After thinking about P's kindness today, I started floating through recipes and food blogs in search of something to bake for him and his wife. I'm thinking a peach pie as I wrote in an earlier post or perhaps lemon bars. I have no idea since I hardly know them. Maybe I'll call them in about an hour, I hate to bother people at dinnertime.

Recipes for lemon bars have been on my radar for over a year now. I had some really good-looking ones bookmarked. Of course, they all vanished with the crash of my Mac :(  I did however find this one that looks particularly yummy. It's over at Anchovies and Lemons. One of the things that attracted me to this particular Lemon Bar recipe is that it incorporates pine nuts into the browned butter crust.
Posted under copyright free on dreamstime.
It's from Tartine Bakery in San Francisco. Here's a photo from the website of their cookbook:
Left:  Tartine's newest book on bread. Right:  The original cookbook.
And What's on My Plate blog had a good review of this Lemon Bar recipe in Jan. of this year.

Just called them to ask if they had any likes or dislikes in the baking department and they're up for anything, so this should be fun.

In the case of peaches, I'm thinking a galette. But I'll close for today since it's now 8 p.m. and I haven't had dinner. For simplicity's sake it's going to be an omelet of Eggbeaters filled with Trader Joe's low-fat shredded cheese mix. Yum!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home