5/19/11

Just Silly

If you recall a few posts ago, I was going on about politics, beauty and breathing. Well, I finally braved the outdoors and went to pick up the 5 boxes of liquid albuterol. Each box contains 25 vials. One vial works for 4 to 8 hours depending on how severe the lung infection or allergy. That's 125 vials of "the ability to breathe". When I saw the price I almost fainted. After facing almost $40 for one inhaler with possibly 150-200 puffs in it (2 inhalations are usually needed each time), here I was looking at a wealth of "air" for the mind-blowing price of...are you ready??? $3.82 (.70 Euros)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does that even make sense?

Now I realize that, an inhaler is portable and a nebulizer, not so much. But if you're dealing with a bronchial infection or pneumonia, you aren't going to be up and around much. So for the moment this is like winning the lottery for me!

It's all a matter of perspective. Lol! Life can be so totally silly at times.

On a totally different topic, while not pretty, our May Gray days continue, which is wonderful. It keeps temperatures in the 60's & 70's (15.5-21 C). The avocado tree in the backyard still has loads of fruit which is about 2 months past the usual harvest time. Everything is just slow to get going this year because of the weather. Of course, as I said, that's just fine with me! There'll be plenty of sunny days coming with broiling temperatures all too soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home