7/3/11

Insomnia Post

If you ever have trouble falling asleep at night, I have found the perfect solution. Read the instruction book for your camera without having access to your camera. You'll be out in no time flat. I know because it just happened to me, right now, in the middle of the day! I read about 10 pages and as you know, there's not all that much text, mostly drawings of all the assorted digital symbols used to control the camera. If I had the camera here, I may not have nodded off so soon because I'd be going between the book and camera settings trying things out.

An even more effective method (at least for me) is to download the manual to your computer and read it on the computer screen. Holy Cow! It'll put you out like a light bulb. In fact, I'm going to go take a nap right now, I can't even keep  my eyes open.

My, that was a nice little one hour nap, with vivid dreams and all. So there you have it, the cure for insomnia. Don't bother reading books, they may pique your interest, keeping you awake reading to see what happens. No, go straight to a technical manual, particularly one you've avoided reading because it looks so long, boring and complicated...it's perfect! Currently I have several choices, my camera, dvd player, phone and printer manuals. So if you're having trouble sleeping, give it a try, you never know. You may also find out where the white balance settings are, so when you wake up the next morning you can also solve a problem that's been bugging you for a while. Double win!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home